1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explosions in Jakarta

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 13, 2016.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I heard they're all redshirts, which means they'll get an extra year of attacking. They sat out last year as true attackers.

Hilarious, I know!

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

On a more serious note... is Starbucks becoming the new McDonald's as far as being a target that best represents the decadent West?

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Luckily not as bad as it seemed at first. Although early reports had higher casualties, it looks like there were only two deaths, other than the five terrorists killed.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Really seems that this was mostly a botched attack, thankfully

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Gotta remember, they're only the JV team.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, the varsity killed 3,000 at one shot.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

And look, the snide comments have begun already. How predictable.

Yes, this one could have been MUCH worse -- more people die in traffic accidents in Jakarta every day -- but I live in this world and it's so tiresome that the usual suspects at sj.com enjoy mocking current events.

This cuts close to some of us. I lived in Jakarta, as did at least two people on this board. My next post is in Istanbul. For me, that's two wake-up calls this week, but I open the threads here and see the same old people making the same old snide comments.

You're not impressing anyone. Please grow up. I live in this world, and it's real to me. I'm sitting in Singapore right now, which is on high alert. Jakarta's right next door. This is close to home for me. Do you understand that? It's real. If not for you, then it is for me. Can you please respect that?

I barely read this board anymore. I open maybe 2-3 threads a day. Today, this is the first and the last. It's just not worth it. It used to be.

The decent discussion here used to outweigh the assholery and it was worth it to put up with the idiotic comments. It hasn't been that way for a long, long time.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Safe travels, KJIM.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted