1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explosions at int'l airport in Istanbul

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I eagerly look forward to Obama taking away the Second Amendment rights of the Turks.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

BCM, not sure who you are asked to "explain your point," but if it's directed to me, then my point is I'd rather people not post than feel they have to make some kind of inane comment for their own ego's sake.

If the topic of the thread doesn't interest you, don't waste your time opening it. (That's a collective "you".) And please, really don't waste your time posting on it.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

KJIM, be safe.

I have a sincere question: how do you mentally prepare yourself for living and working in that environment?

To me, it seems like you are in a war zone, but in some respects worse because you are a noncombatant and potentially a target.

Just in the span of a few days, you went from Willie in Bulgaria to yesterday. As I heard about the airport attack, I kept thinking of Willie and Bulgaria and the Redhead.

I am sure the experiences far outweigh the negative. But just curious, if you don't mind discussing it, how do you brace yourself?

Fully understand if it's too raw and you don't want to address that, particularly at the moment. Keep hanging in there.

VB

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're being quite unfair here. If people don't have vacation photos in front of instantly recognizable Istanbul landmarks, then they don't have vacation photos in front of instantly recognizable Istanbul landmarks.

BTExpress, Mr. Sunshine and YankeeFan like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If the victims of Islamic terror aren't white, no one cares.

The terrorists would have gotten a much bigger response in America if they had attacked a gay airport

6. Dick Whitman

The Orlando victims weren't white.

7. Dick Whitman

The Charleston victims weren't white.

8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Countdown to "white Hispanic" George Zimmerman reference. Too obvious, this setup.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

People were way into the grieving process over Orlando when they learned it was Hispanic night.

Besides, Hispanics can be white.

10. YankeeFan

Was that Islamic terror?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This is a nice reminder that the real enemies are always the ones you disagree with.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

I learned that it was Hispanic night when news stories were still indicating multiple injuries.

Draft saved Draft deleted