1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explosion on Upper East Side

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, May 25, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Bomb went off this morning outside a Starbucks.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6830051

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's time to find this guy. Of course, he's leaving so little evidence that finding him is difficult.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I blame anarchists.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I blame Canadians. [/janetnapolitano]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I blame Caribou Coffee

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Has Bill Ayers been accounted for?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Laugh if you wish, but the PR firm my son works for has the Starbucks account, and it's one of his accounts. He caught the squeal at 4 a.m. as a result of being the employee so junior he couldn't afford to be out of town for the weekend.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

So, the spin will be that the coffee beans are even more freshly roasted today?

I keed, I keed. :D

I'm still wondering, though, why the NYPD is working on arts and crafts when it really should be investigating this bombing.

"We will be checking cameras in the area. Right now there are no reports of anyone on a bicycle," Kelly said. "We will do a canvas, we will come back and canvas later, back tomorrow morning, see people who may have been in the area. Right now we have no witnesses to the immediate event."

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, it was a TV station. They're not used to spelling correctly as long as they pronounce things right. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted