1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"[Expletive] all of you!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Mar 6, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Great stuff about how Clinton's senior staffers hate each other: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/05/AR2008030503621.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2008030600084

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, they're not likeable people ...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

More of a Mark Penn hit piece than anything else. Can't say it's unfounded. Penn is batting about .500 in a game where perfection is not only demanded, but expected.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I'm more interested in how the story applies to debates we've been having here ... I guess the Post has a certain audience, of people who live this shit every day, but every time I clicked the next page on that story (there were five of 'em), I was thinking, "can this story really go on much longer?" "Does anybody care about anything this esoteric, to this degree?"
    Honest to God, I felt like I was back at the college newspaper office 30 years ago listening to the student government assholes who used to come in and hang around and breathlessly gossip about which one thought the other one was bitchy.
    Presumably, the folks at the Post know their market. But Dayum.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's a good point. I've lived in D.C. for about seven months now, and while I previously would have thought the same thing, I am now thoroughly obsessed with this stuff. Since I moved here, I have become involved with advisory committees to the city and county government where I live and work, and more and more I think that it would be fascinating to go into politics. First allow me to bury my skeletons in the backyard.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

i would imagine this story plays very, very well inside the Beltway

7. This thread could have been about almost anything.
    Meanwhile, showing wonderful news judgment, the WaPo runs campaign gossip on Page One and this on page fucking 17.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/05/AR2008030503492.html?hpid=topnews

Nice vote, Hill.

Draft saved Draft deleted