1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain apps to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 7, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Driod folks... Try "glob" for traffic.

It is amazing.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

That's what I was wondering. My phone is always in my one of my pockets, I wear clothes that are pretty loose (no one wants to see my fat ass in tight clothes) if I left it on vibrate, I would never answer.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The GPS on my phone has found addresses that other people's GPS' could not find.

As far as ringtones, I use one for all calls: the Cheers theme. Then I have a different one for texts/email notifications.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

As soon as Thanksgiving gets here, I change my ringtone to Linus and Lucy.

5. Bodie_Broadus

I have the classic phone ringtone. I love it.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I use "The Victors" for all calls.

7. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

A great app if you want to track your gas mileage is gas cubby, you can keep track of your fill-ups, how much you paid, amount you put in etc. Then it breaks down everything calculates gas mileage, how much you spent in total, miles driven per day, cost per mile, plenty. They've got both a free and pay app. I think the pay app allows you to sync it quickbooks or something in addition to being ad-free

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I was an Olympic pole vaulter, NHL rookie of the year in 1937, a five-time all-star, a Hall of Famer, and I captained the Toronto Maple Leafs to three Stanley Cups during the 1940s. Later, I was a longtime member of Ontario's provincial parliament. Like me, my namesake son also played in the NHL for 10 seasons, and two of my grandchildren have combined to win three Olympic gold medals - two in the Winter Games and one in the Summer Games.

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syl_Apps

9. Bodie_Broadus

I would love to find a googletalk app that actually works.

All the ones I try go offline after a certain period of inactivity or suck the battery life really quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted