1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain apps to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 7, 2011.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So if you hear a ringtone of someone you don't want to talk to, what do you do? Let it ring and become THAT GUY?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I did that once. Was in a parking lot of some random shopping center. Turned out the guy was calling because he was in the exact same parking lot, just saw me and was trying to get me to wave.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Flavortown - tells you the closest eateries featured on 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.'

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm with Sonner. I don't understand the need for ringtones, especially if you're a guy and have the phone on your body. I don't think I've taken my phone off vibrate in five years or so. It's very easy to pick it up and see who it is and then decide to answer it or not. And you get the added benefit of not annoying the people around you.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

How tight are your pants that you can feel it vibrate? :D

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I was shocked the other day when my phone alarm rang to wake me up. Have no idea when I turned the ringer on or why.

7. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

The Monocle function on the Yelp app does the same thing as the Layar scanner. It's pretty damn cool.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank you. That's all I was asking. :D

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Or press the button that silences the phone. If I'm not carrying the phone with me, it's on vibrate.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Flavortown" sounds more like an app that tells you where the closest hooker is.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Who tastes the hooker? Wait, what?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sweet lord.

Draft saved Draft deleted