1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experienced freelancer in Virginia

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Shane Mettlen, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Shane Mettlen

Shane Mettlen New Member

Experienced freelancer available for assignments in Virginia. I'm based out of Charlottesville, but could make trips to Blacksburg, Richmond, Washington, Hampton Roads or anywhere in the state.

I've worked for several publications in Virginia and North Carolina, most recently as the sports editor of the Culpeper Star-Exponent. I was also a beat writer covering North Carolina State for Rivals.com. I have plenty of experience covering college sports, high schools, minor league baseball, NASCAR and more. I know what editors are looking for and I know how to handle covering big events.

If you need somebody that can give you a clean, quick, interesting story on deadline or a compelling feature on a local athlete in my area, I'm your guy. E-mail me at smettlen@gmail.com and I'd be happy to send along a resume and clips.

- Shane Mettlen

2. Shane Mettlen

Shane Mettlen New Member

I'm bumping this because football season is coming up. I'm in Charlottesville for anyone that needs a game covered at the University of Virginia. Richmond and James Madison are also an easy drive from me if you have a local team visiting the Spiders or Dukes.

Draft saved Draft deleted