1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exercising at work

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 18, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Since many of you have stationary jobs. Do you exercise at your desk?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I do butt clenches. And I throw things at people.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

i try to hit the gym on my break or before work. But most sports writers don't usually look like they even drive by a gym.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

[​IMG]
    Try this. Not that I do it, but it gives you a body core workout while you sit and type.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dwight K. Schrute swears by them. Of course, make sure your neighbors don't have a pair of scissors handy.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Not to threadjack, but I've been thinking about getting one of those for use at home. Any one want to receommend a good one? Last weekend in Target I saw one by Reebok that claimed to be less likely to slip away. Slip away. Slip away now, yeah, yeah, yeah. Unh! I need you so...

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Does jerking off at your desk count?

Because I, umm... know a guy who does that.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I exercise when I am exercising and I work when I am working (although I've become pretty adept at posting like crazy on here while I work). I suppose I exercise at work. I mean, I sometimes pull down the shades and lock the door and do some activity, but it isn't exactly a total body workout.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've seen exercise balls that sit on a metal ring with wheels... the ball isn't on the floor, so it can't slip away, and it acts more like a normal chair.

10. writing irish

That happened at Roswell. Fortunately, it was before my tenure. Guy didn't even get fired. Just a write-up.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

[​IMG]

12. writing irish

Very nice, but I'm just looking for a plain ol' exercize ball. I'll presume they're all pretty much the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted