1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Exclusively pro-Clemson" sports writer/editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Furry Tractor, May 12, 2009.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You're all wrong. It's CLIMP-sun.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It's sort of like a dialect. Depends on where you are. Most of the rubes I talked to...

3. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

For what it's worth, the publisher you're applying to is a pretty decent guy. I worked for him before in N.C., and he came up in the newsroom so he's not totally out of touch with journalism. He did, however, get into PR and then became a publisher. He was a pretty decent guy to work for when I worked for him. It sounds like this is essentially a PR gig for somebody with writing ability. With the lack of jobs out there, this would seem like a fairly decent gig.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Judging on my very brief time in the area, I'd go with this. Don't know what the job would be like, but the Upstate is beautiful country indeed.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I Plow Thirty Acres Yearly.

6. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Yeah, usually on the Saturday they play the Chickens.

7. I'll agree the gig is probably pretty decent, but I know a few people who would debate you on the rest of it. But I don't know the guy, and hey, everyone like to complain about their boss.

8. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

It was filled a week or so ago, iirc.

just an fyi.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And the winner is ...?

10. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

No idea, sorry.

11. alex.riley21

alex.riley21 Member

CUTigers.com staff writer Will Vandervort is assuming the position.

12. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Will just moved to CUTigers.com a month or two ago. Previously, he was the SE at the Seneca paper, so it's a chance for them to bring him back and they probably have a pretty good sense for his work ethic/ability. Will's good people; congrats to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted