1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exciting news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Aug 20, 2011.

1. joe

joe Active Member

The biggest challenge is I haven't followed the NBA hardly at all since I was an AP stringer more than 20 years ago. Gonna have to get up to speed quickly when they finally do settle this mess.
    [/quote]

Just remember LeBron James sucks, and everything else falls into place. Booyah!

Congratulations, and have fun.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Congrats TwoGloves! Good to hear some good news in journalism for a change!

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Awesome news!!!! Congrats!!!

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! (And yes, LeBron does suck)

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

congrats!! ;D ;D ;D

how old are you? assuming you're covering the team home and away, brace yourself for a lot of fun AND being exhausted by season's end. i covered an nba beat when i was 25 and had many a morning waking up in a hotel room, unsure where i was and/or panicked i'd missed a flight.

it was a blast, though, don't get me wrong. but it reconfirmed that an nfl gig was the more ideal lifestyle for me in the long run, after i was married. i was luck to get that chance right after that first nba season...

if you're young (in your 20's) and single, it will be everything you dreamed. enjoy!!

Draft saved Draft deleted