1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exciting news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Aug 20, 2011.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Got an NBA beat today! Been in the works for a couple months but I wasn't going to believe it until it finally happened. They made it official today. I'm excited to say the least.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

So what are they going to have you do until next October? [/cynicalbastard]

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Seriously, congrats.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Great news for you.
    Congratulations.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Is this an elaborate way of laying you off?

(congratulations)

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He'll just take a six-month furlough.

7. TwoGloves

They laid me off two years ago and then brought me back. So I've been down that road and it sucked. This is a nice reward for hanging in there so long. I've been on short-term disability all summer so I'm ready to go back. I think they'll play in January. Surely they're not so stupid they'll miss an entire season. Or are they?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

Now I have a reason to root for an end to the lockout.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Congrats TwoGloves, I hope you are well versed in the world of labour negotiations :)

10. TwoGloves

Been reading up on all the happenings for a month or so now. (Hey, I haven't been able to do much else while stuck on the couch watching TV.) The biggest challenge is I haven't followed the NBA hardly at all since I was an AP stringer more than 20 years ago. Gonna have to get up to speed quickly when they finally do settle this mess.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, they didn't think the NHL would be stupid enough to miss a season either. And they're led by a former NBA guy.

Oh and congratulations.

12. TwoGloves

Thanks. They need to check out the NHL and see how that worked for them. Ultimately had to accept the cap (I remember one guy telling me they'd NEVER do that) and the league's popularity took a huge hit.

Draft saved Draft deleted