1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Example 5,621 of Another Superintendent Being A Douche

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jun 17, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

http://www.wmtw.com/education/19763059/detail.html

I think the school outta cut this kid a little slack here.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Re: Example 5,621 of Another School Being A Douche

Sounds like it's not so much the school as it is a power-tripping superintendent.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Example 5,621 of Another School Being A Douche

yup.

4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I say ban graduation ceremonies. They're boring as sin anyway.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I can't argue that. I graduated from college with a class of 800-something people and that sucked. I can only imagine what it would be like if I went to a Division I school where my class enrollment was a 1,000-something people.

This is obviously a high school kid, but either way this superintendent is a dick.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sounds like the kid should have waited until after the bitch handed him the diploma.

If I'm that kid's parents, I make it my life's mission to make that superintendent's life as miserable as possible within the bounds of the law.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Legally speaking, by the time graduation occurs, all course work is complete. Finished. You've either met the requirements to graduate, or you haven't. I don't believe the superintendent has the legal authority to withhold the diploma, which is merely a piece of paper attesting to that which has already occurred.
    I know of cases where kids weren't allowed to attend graduation and walk with their classes for rules infraction late in the year, or for not paying outstanding fees, but it didn't stop them from receiving their diploma because, as stated, by state law they have already earned it.
    I would go after her with both barrels.
    She is a dick.

8. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Oh brother.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It'd be nice if people didn't feel the need to constantly push the line to get themselves a little extra attention, because it inevitably turns into an arms race and the ceremonies get out of control.

But you can't draw the line this severely.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

crap, i even have a problem with deputies grabbing kids up for tossing out beach balls. lighten the fuck up!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted