1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Example 2,326,729 that Europeans are less prudish about sex than we are

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Dhimmitude!!!!!
    The Caliphate!
    Run and hide!

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, do you honestly expect any country with a radical Muslim government to allow window-front hookers as in Amsterdam?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Glad to see xenophobia is alive and well at SportsJournalists.com today :p

5. IU90

IU90 Member

When did the Netherlands get a radical muslim government? I missed that news.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A Muslim lurks around every corner waiting to kill Hondo and his family.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Xenophobes, all of you.

8. IU90

IU90 Member

Or, worse, to cut off his access to window front hookers.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Hondo, your reasoning here is unclear. Are you upset that legal prositution might disappear? Or that conservative Muslims, not Christian zealots, would be the ones making the decision?

Isn't it also reasonable to think that the Muslim population of Western Europe, after several generations are born and raised in Europe, might instead adopt some European sensibilities? British (and American) children whose Hindu parents immigrated from India seem to be freeing themselves from the shackles of practices like arranged marriages. Has "Bend It Like Beckham" not make it into the Netflix queue just yet at the hondo household?

I thought that the line of thinking was that, when giving the choice of freedom and capitalism and all that comes with it, or the choice of strict, radical religion, darkness, ignorance and violence, people will always choose the former over the ladder? Is that not what our leaders have been telling us the past five and half years inbetween rounds of golf and brush-clearing photo ops?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You people have learned much about missing the point from Fenian and JR...

all I speculated is that sexual freedom might be a thing of the past in Europe, if their population demographics continue to shift, shall we say, in a certain way that currend trends certainly indicate.

For you people to label such a statement as some kind of hate speech or fear mongering is typical ... you engage in the same behavior of which I'm accused.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And again, I'll put my question to you, since you accuse many of missing the point, I'll accuse you of ducking mine: Isn't it reasonable to think that instead of conservative Muslims taking over Europe, the European je ne sais quoi might, just as likely over time, have a positive influence on conservative Muslim culture?

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]
    My prostitute's breath smells like baba ganoush.

Draft saved Draft deleted