1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Wizard wanted for murder

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You're putting a lot of trust into a guy who may have killed someone, and has a history of violent outbursts.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think if you're charged with murder, they're not going to give you the opportunity to just turn yourself in.

You could see this coming last night. His attorney announced he was going to turn himself in, and the reports were that he was flying in to Atlanta from LA.

But, the DA when asked about it, just said there was a warrant out for his arrest. It was pretty clear he wasn't going to just wait for the guy to show up.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, unless he was planning to pull a D.B. Cooper, he wasn't going anywhere. He was obviously under surveillance at the airport and could've been allowed to board the plane.

4. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Yea, a guy with a history of possessing firearms and pulling them on a teammate in a locker room and is now suspected of shooting a woman to death.

I know I'd want that guy on my flight.

What if he changes his mind in flight, is packing and does something stupid?

What if they run out of Coke and he get pissed off?

There was no reason to let that individual get on that plane and take off.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

While I don't necessarily disagree with you -- while also seeing armageddon's point -- the fact is that it's a courtesy to allow you to turn yourself in -- and the D.A. wasn't going to extend that courtesy to this suspect.

The D.A. had made no deal for a surrender. There was a warrant for his arrest. Once they spotted him, they were obligated to take him into custody.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Guess he should have stayed a wizard.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What if he decides never to board the plane, borrows/steals a car, and starts driving?

We don't have checkpoints at state lines. He could drive for months and never get caught.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If he deviated from boarding the plane, they were there to pop him.

Never mind. Obviously the California DA is rolling in dough. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted