1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-LSU star, NY Giants rookie Chad Jones seriously injured in car accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Still in surgery. Doesn't sound good.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/featured/97158444.html s

Would be a shame if his career is over. One of the best all-around athletes in the SEC in the last 10 years.

Contributed to LSU national championship teams in football (2007) and baseball (2009). The baseball team, for which he was the best reliever in the postseason, certainly wouldn't have won the title without him.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Damn shame. The guy had a bright future. Now it sounds like he might be lucky to keep his leg.
    Also the second time this has happened to an LSU guy. Wide receiver Demetrius Byrd, I believe it was, was in a bad wreck right before the 2009 draft.

3. Crash

Crash Active Member

I hate hearing stuff like this. Jones seemed to have a bright future ahead of him.

Last year or the year before, LSU was in a tight game with Mississippi State. The Bulldogs had 1st & Goal inside the five yard line. If I remember right, Jones made touchdown-saving tackles on first and second downs, helped make a tackle on third down and broke up a fourth down pass to stuff State at the goal line.

Draft saved Draft deleted