1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-LAPD cop goes to war against colleagues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Warden Norton haz a sad.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think he's dead. He wasn't going to be taken alive and the lack of leads/reported sightings makes me think he went to a favorite place and took care of it. Unless he somehow figures out a way to make it to Cuba.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Cops said the burning truck in Big Bear broke an axle. I doubt that was part of his master plan. I think, if he did have a convoluted escape plan, he's scrambling now. More likely, he's dead. Or he's waiting out the snow so he can go kill more ex-colleagues.

Or he's in Zihuatanejo, of course.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He also left a large cache of weapons behind in the truck. Maybe he had an escape car stocked with weapons too, but it sounds like he just had too much that he couldn't carry. Not that he couldn't do some damage with just two or three of those weapons.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The broken axle thing is weird. Axles don't just break, and he clearly wasn't being chased at the time so he wasn't likely to have been doing any crazy off roading. Then again, how could you break an axle after deciding to ditch the car and light it on fire?

I'm fascinated by the misidentification shootings. What a colossal fuck up. I understand the cops are stressed and whatnot, but that's just unbelievably incompetent. Nothing like chasing a guy who's claiming you're a bunch of incompetent assholes and shooting up a bunch of innocents in the process.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Axles can break at odd times. I've seen guys snap Dana 44s going over some pretty mild stuff. A crack develops or a seal starts leaking. You lose fluid, suddenly it seizes up, but you're still giving it the gas so something snaps.

7. And yet people want the same police officers who open fire on innocent people to guard our schools. Oops, sorry your kid had his brains blown apart. Our bad.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Has anyone said a) how he passed the LAPD's psych eval in the first place and b) how he managed to retire from the Navy with an honorable discharge a couple of weeks ago? You would have thought being discharged from the LAPD for official misconduct might have impacted his status in the Navy where he had access to guns.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Rogue cops shooting up trucks all over LA. Awesome.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He probably only made it to Fort Hancock, Tx.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The humongous reward ploy is usually a synonym for "we got nothin'"

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted