1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ewww. Using your glasses as a Q-Tip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Doctor, looking into my ear with one of those ear-looking things: "You use Q-tips."

Me: "Yes."

Doctor: "Don't use Q-tips. It's bad for your ears."

Me: "Well, what am I supposed to do about the ear wax?"

Doctor: "The ear takes care of it. It's like a conveyer belt. It pushes it out when it's ready to."

Me: "That's disgusting. Can I use hydrogen peroxide?"

Doctor: "No."

I found a new doctor.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I've heard from MANY doctors not to use Q-tips in your ear. Common phrase-- "Never put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow."

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Hairpins.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

So, KG, do you just let it drip out?

5. KG

KG Active Member

Eeww! Q-tip for the right ear, drops for the left ear. Sparing the gory details, my left ear canal is too narrow to adequately clean it with a Q-tip so I have to opt for the drops.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Very good, KG. For a minute there I was finding it difficult to picture a woman with earwax dripping down her face having a stalker.

7. KG

KG Active Member

Thanks for the visual. It made me think of that character from Wild Wild West with the thing in his ear. That's just gross. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted