1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evgeni Malkin escapes Russia via Finland/Canada

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ericbowser, Aug 12, 2006.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Smasher, half those 38 are on this board, unfourtunately.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't be such a meathead, Smasher. Hockey is a popular sport in some areas. And really, BigDog, it's 'unfortunately.'

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Umm, Flash. I have my Canadian spellcheque on. So it shall be unfourtunately.

Douche.

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Now that's funny.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

This is SO fucking important that after two days, it's already been passed in views and replies by "which celebrity do you think is hot even though they're not considered that." And half of the replies on here are me bitching about this insane shit, which is a prelude to the "Yankees suck....no, Red Sox suck" horseshit that will make this board unreadable in another seven weeks. Some jerkoff fan with zero credibiliy comes on here playing Johnny Deadline with "updates" and anonymous quotes and we're supposed to consider it worthy? We fucking NEED constant updates here? Go listen to a fucking talk show. That's what you deserve.

6. Smasher_Sloan

One other thing, since stats are often misrepresented. The Olympics/NHL thread started on Nov. 2, '05 and ran through July 19, 06. If you combined all NFL topics into one thread, do you think it would have lasted a while and collected some replies?

7. ericbowser

ericbowser Member

Smasher - I have more credibility than your lame wit could ever wish to muster in the dying newspaper industry. Please tell me, why would I get a response from the NHL on a Saturday within minutes of my inquiry, if I didn't have some kind of reputation among those in the league's office.

I love your type Smasher, seems similar to those at the dying Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist staff.

So keep clicking your heels and telling yourself, "there's no place like newspapers, there's no place like newspapers"

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, Smasher, we get your point. You don't like hockey. Fine. Go post somewhere else. Your "there are only 38 hockey fans" comment is juvenile at best.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Thank you for validating every suspicion of the NHL's bush league status.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Go crank your BTO eight tracks while you kneel at your Paul Henderson shrine.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Why the anger, Smasher_Sloan? We want to discuss hockey issues, you don't. Go find another thread. OK?

12. Flash

Flash Guest

In any case, here's TSN's latest ...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=174134&hubname=

Draft saved Draft deleted