1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything must go!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

So Comcast is opening up the Spectrum for a few hours Saturday morning for fans to take whatever they can carry out in one trip for $25. Fans can't use tools or hand carts.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20101103_One_more_chance_for_Spectrum_souvenirs.html

My question is: What could and would you take from an arena/stadium that allowed this to happen?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Legalized looting! I love it!
    I'm sure they've already taken the good stuff, but if you can get into some of the luxury boxes there'd be some nice, pricey stuff in there.
    In keeping with the fun spirit of the thread, it'd be great to find a way to remove something like a urinal. Wonder what exactly constitutes a "tool"? Can you use a swiss army knife key chain with a screwdriver? That'd up the stakes a bit.

3. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Not really a specific answer to the question, but one of the local western Pennsylvania watering holes as a "World Series Tickets" sign with an arrow pointing down from when they went on sale at Three Rivers for the '79 series.

I want that for my man cave.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My God; If Kaufmann Stadium would have allowed tools in after the renovation, this would be in my backyard right now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Well, if it was Wrigley, I would take the trophy case. It is in mint condition.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The diving board that Bill Barber used throughout his entire career?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As much as they hurt to sit in - a couple of seats from Fenway, perhaps one of those piss troughs from Wrigley (and Bartman's seat).

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would try to get a piece of the ice.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Guys are always trying to get a piece of ice.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is there away to take home that Spectrum smell.
    I mean other than soaked into your clothes?

I had a lot of great times in the Spectrum, but what a dump.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Jimmy Hoffa's remains. Oh, wait ...

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I bet you could find four of Bobby Clarke's teeth swept under the seats somewhere in there...

Draft saved Draft deleted