1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

This reminds me of a group of Missouri fans being upset at Iowa State going to last year's INSIGHT BOWL ahead of them.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I am always amazed at the whining that goes on about who goes where, especially considering most of the teams who are getting "rewarded" by this idiotic system have four or more losses.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A question? What bowl is Nevada supposed to go to? Presumably, their BCS ranking will be higher than 19th this week.

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

WAC tie ins:
    Humanitarian
    New Mexico
    Kraft Fight Hunger
    Hawaii is obligated to take Hawaii.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Looking at the schedule the WAC has ties with the bowls in New Mexico, Idaho, San Francisco. I would presume the first-place team would get to go to San Fran - so that's where I'd say they are headed.

The Poinsetta is Mountain West versus Navy

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I noticed something as I looked at the bowl lineup: Among 35 bowl games, only three are scheduled to be covered by a network NOT named ESPN.

They are: the Sun Bowl (2 p.m. EST, Dec. 31, CBS); the Outback Bowl (1 p.m., Jan. 1, ABC) and the Cotton Bowl (8 p.m., Jan. 7, Fox).

Everything else gets spread out between Dec. 18 and Jan. 10 on the World Wide Leader of blowhardedness.

I used to enjoy watching a bunch of bowl games on New Year's Day. So much for that.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's an annual complaint of mine. No more two-day Bowl smorgasbords on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. Crying shame, and all for TV. Well, Vegas probably isn't complaining either.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I used to love the bowl marathons on New Years Eve and New Years Day. Used to flip back and forth between the Cotton Bowl (which was a 10 or 11am CST start) and the Citrus Bowl; Then the Fiesta Bowl that afternoon, then the Sugar Bowl that night;

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Rose is on ABC as well... not that it's much of a difference.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Kraft Hunger will take Boise unless they are scooped up by the Holiday or Vegas Bowl. Broncos no longer want to play the 'home' bowl game; it's not befitting the program they're trying to build there. Nevada will go there if the Broncos don't, but Nevada's fan base doesn't travel well at all. Hell, they haven't sold out all their home games this year and this is the best team in school history.

The 2010 Nevada Wolfpack are a very, very good team. Boise's difficulties with them had as much to do with specific personnel (a.k.a. Colin Kaepernick) as it did them being winded. Kap is the ideal fit for the pistol offense--doubt they'll find a better person to operate it.

There is no way in hell that Notre Dame or USC would mop the floor with this Broncos squad. USC could beat them, but it's by no means a sure bet. Boise would disembowel Notre Dame.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nope. Rose goes to ESPN this year.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Boise would kick the living crap out of Notre Dame and almost certainly beat USC (which has more talent than Notre Dame). Nevada is a very good team, and Boise didn't all of a sudden become a MAC squad after one loss.

Draft saved Draft deleted