1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. mb

mb Active Member

Seems like we could use an all-purpose bowl thread, since the FBC threads end up with plenty of bowl shit in 'em.

BCS: Oregon vs. Auburn
    Rose: Big Ten champ vs. TCU (First at-large pick, contractually obligated)
    Sugar: Arkanpig (Replacement for team lost to BCS) vs. Ohio State (second BCS at-large selection)
    Orange: ACC champ vs. Big East champ
    Fiesta: Big 12 champ vs. Stanford (final at-large pick)

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

BCS: agree
    Rose: yup
    Sugar: uh-huh
    Orange: Va. Tech or Stanford/Okie St.
    Fiesta: Nebraska/West Virg.

I'm drunk...did this come out right?

3. mb

mb Active Member

I think the Orange and Fiesta are going to realize that the Big East champ won't bring anybody to Tempe and Stanford won't bring anybody to Miami. That's why the Orange will take the Big East champ ahead of Stanford.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Who will Boise State end up with? The fourth- or fifth-place team from a BCS conference? The MAC runner-up? Man what a freefall...

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Saves them from getting curbstomped in a bowl game with that shitty run defense. Wisconsin would humiliate them in the Rose Bowl.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Sportsline has Boise staying home and playing The Ohio in the Humanitarian. Which would be a shame.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

BCS Championship: Auburn vs. Oregon

Everything else: Who cares

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Because they're fucking better than that. Them getting stuck with a MAC team while some 8-4 or 7-5 Big East team plays in a BCS bowl is a travesty of the highest order.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Auburn vacates all wins sometime in December.

TCU-Oregon for the title and some fancy shuffling after that.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So who gets the Big 12 South title? Oklahoma, OKState or Texas A&M. All three are tied, but will be decided by the BCS standings is my understanding, all three are 1-1 against each other. Did A&M do enough against Texas to get bumped up enough? They are certainly the hottest team in the Big 12 right now, or will they be done in by starting their run too late and having to make up ground in the BCS and voters minds in the various Top 25 polls. I know their will be some bitter Aggie fans if it is Oklahoma playing for the Big 12 title and a BCS berth. I'm also pretty sure Nebraska would like another shot at A&M on a neutral field.

Also I am pretty sure Oregon will run roughshod over Auburn in the title game -- that is if Auburn hasn't been sanctioned by then.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think it's been answered elsewhere, but if the Rose has the first wild-card choice, why couldn't it take Stanford over TCU?

Draft saved Draft deleted