1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone's Entitled To Their Opin....Holy Crap!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Next to your avatar. :D

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Toby Keith sounds like souls dying with a backbeat of fail.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

EXCELLENT Mystery_Meatization of fail.

4. If we couldn't learn anything from the first 9/11 massacre, then what's the point of having another one?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Even worse was the Paul McCartney "Freedom" song.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

This guy's right in this context: Nowadays, with most Americans being so fat, happy and self-absorbed, a terrible tragedy on a large scale is the only thing that makes Americans give a shit about one another. Otherwise, from Washington on down, it's just a fuckin' race to see who can screw whom how often and how fast.

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Worley may or may not be any good; I have no idea. But he's the guy who came up with this gem in a song about the Iraq War:

"And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout bin Laden
    Have you forgotten?"

That lyric sums up the dysfunction and deceit that preceded the Iraq War perfectly. Play on people's fears about 9/11, put outlandish, false words in dissenters' mouths (I don't recall anyone in 2002-03 saying, "We shouldn't worry about Bin Laden."), make bogus connections between Iraq and 9/11. Total bullshit, all of it.

8. To nobody's surprise, Stu has fans in "movement conservatism," which is rapidly becoming the Bush cargo cult of death.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/08/11/bykofsky-right-wing/

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That paper's editors ought to be hanged for treason for even writing that, let alone running it.

10. Well, that seems a bit harsh, seeing as how we're not, you know, ruled by the Tudors.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Stu is on to something: he's just sick and tired (probably like all of us) of the constant in-fighting, back-stabbing and finger-pointing that's going on in politics, the media, even down to our local dive bar. It is so stupid, petty and useless for us to be doing this.

But as far as suggesting we need another 9/11-type attack to bring us all back together? Yeesh. Someone is in some serious Eagles withdrawal right now.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Stu changed his mind...after he gets some negative reader feedback

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20070813_Stu_Bykofsky___I_WAS_WRONG_ABOUT_ANOTHER_9_11.html

MY HYPOTHESIS last week that another 9/11 attack would unite America was wrong, judging by e-mail and voice-mail responses. When I stopped reading at 1,000 (lots more unread) roughly 65 percent disagreed with me, many violently and obscenely.

Draft saved Draft deleted