1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone staying warm as another round of "global warming" sweeps the nation?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jan 14, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Going to be very cold in New England over the next several days. Going to be highs in the single digits with lows in the negative digits. Don't even talk about what the wind chill is going to be like.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Yep, it was a high of 10 degrees today in the hinterlands of New England. Leaving an assignment, I saw a truck with Saskatchewan tags and a plug for the block heater hanging out of the hood. I really wonder if the owner used the block heater this morning.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So god-danged solid.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Is prisonplanet.com hiring? And do they make you take one-week "furloughs." Oh yeah, do you have to be in prison to work there?

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Well, it's about -40 right now in Saskatchewan, which interestingly is the same in Farenheit or Celcius. So if that's where your truck came from, damn right you plugged in.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Re: Everyone staying warm as another round of "global warming" sweeps the nation

This whole place should be renamed beatingadeadhorse.com

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was into the 50s here today. Snowed two days ago. Been a somewhat dry winter, but otherwise normal.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I agree with Old Tony. Clearly if it's cold then global warming is a myth. Oh, and frankly, if the oceans get too warm, why can't we just drop some ice cubes in, right?

In fact, I'm beginning to see a lot of wisdom in Old Tony's posts. You know what? I've got it. Global warming is caused by dem queers trying to get married. YEE HAW!!! I don't want the gays, so pass the ammunition!!!!!!!!

10. pallister

pallister Guest

What o_t forgets is that even extremes in cold temperatures are considered the result of global warming. All bad weather is caused by the great beast. It's simple science.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

How dare you try to use logic in a thread like this! Damn you pallister! Damn you!

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Oh, no, pallister, I'm fully aware that if it's colder it's because of global warming. It's how the left fixes the game.

It's hotter? Global warming.

It's colder? Global warming.

It's about the same? Global warming.

It's rainy? Global warming.

It's dry? Global warming.

Ice is now getting thicker in the arctic? Global warming.

Polar ice caps are melting on Mars? Fucking SUVs caused -- you guessed it -- global warming.

Draft saved Draft deleted