1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone reunites eventually, part the millionth: Soundgarden is back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jan 1, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Isn't former High Times magazine Man of the Year Matt Cameron still in Pearl Jam?

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

As someone who grew up with the Seattle "sound", I am pretty stoked they are getting back together. I love the way Cornell sounds, Thayil is a fabulous guitar player. Superunknown and Badmotorfinger still get pretty heavy play in my place.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Will it be a true reunion with Hiro Yamamoto on bass? Or maybe double-bass action with Yamamoto and Ben Shepherd?

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

About time. Cornell's been wasting his talent since they broke up.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

[blue]You mean you didn't like his pop record?[/blue]

Geez, I just looked up Cornell on Wikipedia...he's 46 this year. I never would have guessed that. How the hell did that happen?

7. Myself as well. I'm still skeptical about this, though. MC has a great gig in PJ, why would he leave it? Cornell knows this is his last chance to cash in and his past endeavors have been more than disappointing. Do Kim and Ben still hate each other? That was why they broke up in the first place.

8. 1. Jesus Christ Pose
    2. Rusty Cage
    3. My Wave
    4. Room a Thousand Years Wide
    5. Limo Wreck
    6. Face Pollution
    7. Let Me Drown
    8. Slaves and Bulldozers
    9. Like Suicide
    10. Mailman

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Beej, you buried the lede!

Temple of the Dog got back together!

10. I forgot about both the Tardgarden show and the Temple reunification. Still skeptical, but open to all options.

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

THE song of the summer of 1992. I held out hope they'd play it as the encore when I saw Lollapalooza '92, which featured both Soundgarden and PJ, but no such luck. Goddamn, I am fucking old.

Draft saved Draft deleted