1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone fill me in ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll bet if you mix up all the first names of the Packers' picks you could come up with several other former NFL players.

And there's my expert draft analysis!

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Also, there was an unfortunate thread that lasted only a short amount of time on Friday night before being nuked by its creator, whom I lashed out at tonight after trying to hold it in.

All that's water under the bridge.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It seems like everytime a team announced a draft pick, someone started booing. It got kinda old kinda quick.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Tease. ... :(

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

6. Bubbler

Sounds juicy.

While you were doing that, I was in the belly of the beast going 15 rounds with a Mantis and getting my ass kicked tilling my tungsten-hard backyard that the previous fucktard owners didn't do a God damn thing to. It all lead to my nuking it all and starting my yard over from scratch.

This comes after just under a year of cleaning up brick piles that date to the Depression, clearing out a generations' worth of desecated Christmas trees they saw fit to dump into a brush-strewn corner of the yard where you could likely film the entirety of Lost, and paying someone to clear out these Mt. Kilimanjaro-sized compost piles they didn't know fuck all what to do with. Fucking soulless organic gardening assholes! Would some chemicals have hurt to get rid of that beautiful crab grass you cultivated? Fucking fuckos.

And as you all know, I'm Mr. Fucking Green Thumb, so Lord knows what mutated monstrosity my yard will turn out to be. It's entirely likely I'll be growing some choice Kentucky Browngrass.

Have I bitched enough about doing manual labor yet?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Did you just move into a new place? Jesus.

I moved into a house with two teacher ladies. We pay a neighbor to cut our grass, and a cleaning woman comes every two weeks. I love it here. :)

8. I watched tv.

9. Bubbler

Last June was when I moved in. That's how fucked up this yard was and its taken that long to get around to tilling and re-seeding, which I'm doing tomorrow. Well that and it was too late to start over and seed last year by the time we moved in.

Honest to God, the corner of our yard was so overgrown with shit that when we looked at it and eventually made an offer, we had no idea there was this huge, garish stone birdbath back there. It was completely covered by this Amazon-like forest I cleared out last year. You can probably blame me for accelerated global warming after clearing it out.

And while I bitch, there's a certain pride in taking care of your own lawn. I hated yard work when I was young, but I don't mind it as much now since it's mine.

OK. I still fucking hate it. But I'll be damned if these organic gardening shitheads are going to dictate how my backyard is run. That's not how I roll.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wasn't he on American Idol? Dude couldn't sing for shit, and the crap he did with his hair was whacked ...

11. Teacher ladies?
    Where did you move, Walnut Grove?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

Draft saved Draft deleted