1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everybody loves Eileen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good Christ, you can't be serious.

2. Buck,
    That is one of the best posts I have ever read here.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It amazes me when those work that well...

The best ever is "The Grey Album" by DJ Danger Mouse which combines Jay-Z's Black Album with the Beatles' White Album.

It's just fucking amazing.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'll back this up (although I saw them in the late 90s, out of their prime - I was too young for the hair-metal glory days). Opened for Poison - Faster Pussycat played first, but we missed them. Cinderella put on an AWESOME show. And the singer was shockingly small.

6. Mizzougrad96

I've seen Cinderella more than a dozen times over the years. The bulk of those came from opening for Bon Jovi from 1986-89. They also opened for AC/DC for awhile.

The one time they headlined it was a bill with Skid Row (right after they started) and Slaughter.

I saw Faster Pussycat open for Motley Crue on the Dr. Feelgood tour back in 1989. Not a bad opening act.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I saw Faster Pussycat open for Whitesnake in 1990. I agree, pretty good, even if the lead singer is apparently a complete douche. That second album of theirs was quite good for the genre.

Tom Kiefer was one of the better vocalists in hard rock, but all that screeching as if he was gargling glass caught up to him. He's had serious throat issues for well over a decade now.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Not surprised. I remember when they were in their prime, I was telling friends who were also fans that I didn't know how Kiefer could possibly sing like that without tearing up his vocal cords.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Every time I hear a Whitesnake song, the hair on the back of my neck stands up.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mmmm, pretty tastey, for a turd.

11. Mizzougrad96

C'mon, you can't rip Here I Go Again and Still of the Night.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Can't stand Still of the Night. Never liked the song.

Draft saved Draft deleted