1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everybody loves Eileen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

God, I love Sirius.

Hadn't heard this song in ages.

Top 3 in the best 90's song intro category.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome. I'd never seen that video, somehow.

Still, nothing compares to the sheer nut-busting vocal power the dude displays on "I'll Never Let You Go." This is still on the very short list of best power ballads of the era.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Steelheart Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I was a hair metal fan back in the day, but never got into this band for some reason. Decent songs for the genre, though.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I now mostly split my time between Classic Rewind and The Dead channel, though I'll stop by the Hair Nation if I'm flipping through my saved channels.

The one channel I've kind of given up on is Lithium, which was my favorite. I feel like I'm hearing the same 20 songs over and over. Alice in Chains didn't get a hundredth of the air play in the Grunge era that it gets in a day on Lithium. I still go to the channel in search of Pearl Jam songs, but I don't think I can listen to Rooster one more time — and that was my favorite Alice in Chains song.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Defriended! Iggied! Blocked!

And John, the same problem occurs on every station now. I was in the car for a two-hour drive yesterday and heard Bon Jovi twice on the '80s station. I hear Ratt every 90 minutes on Hair Nation. XM is still better than the alternative, but not nearly as good as it used to be.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

At least with The Dead channel I know I'm going to hear the same 30-40 songs, though they sound different at every concert.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hair that's sky high? Check.
    Unintentional comedy? Check.
    Sound not activated? Check.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I see my Shit List is growing.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't hate Steelheart or "Everybody Loves Eileen."

Because I've never heard of either. :D