1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Every single day this happens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 25, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But what makes you think you would've had a shot at these teachers like these kids had. :D
    The problem with where I went to school was that there were no hot teachers in their 20s or early30s to seduce the students like that.

2. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We didn't have hot teachers at my school either.

Of course the fact that most of them were nuns probably had something to do with that.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Under Utah law, a juvenile student is incapable of consenting to sexual relations with a teacher,

They're obviously quite capable.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

good thing they weren't priests---you might have a different story to tell then.

6. Armchair_QB

Great point.

Had a few of those too. We always wondered about a couple of them but no stories that I know of.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It really is happening all the time nowadays and it nearly always involves a female teacher and male student. Why is that? I thought men were supposed to be the leering perverts.

8. Armchair_QB

This is not a new phenomenon. It's just reported more.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

yep, before it might be a conversation piece amongst a handlful of friends or perhaps some whispers in the community.

Now, it's blasted through cyberspace with comments on MySpace or Facebook: "Woohoo, I'm boning my English teacher! That rox!"

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Proof?

I am not calling you out. I just don't think there is a database that tracks this stuff for the last forty years. My guess is that female teachers weren't boning their students at the rate they are today, but it's nothing more than a WAG.

11. Armchair_QB

This is absolutely not a new phenomenon. As long as there has been classrooms there have been teachers taking advantage of their students. The difference is that now there is a 24-hour media cycle that needs to be fed. And the more sensational the better.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think anybody is arguing that it is a new phenomenon. Nor is anybody arguing that there is now a 24/7 news cycle.

Today's:
    http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7268728

Draft saved Draft deleted