1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everett Golson leaves Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, May 25, 2013.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

He would still be on campus if it was a rape allegation.

2. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Be the start of the football season before the NDSP even got around to lookin' into it......

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Texas fans: "Can he come here?"

SEC fans: "He'll wind up at Auburn."

4. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

He's still feeling that ass kicking from Jan. 7. Roll Tide.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

*In my best Jerry Seinfeld voice.*
    That's a shame.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dear Notre Dame Community,

I have been informed by the University of Notre Dame that due to my poor academic judgment that I have been suspended from the University for the 2013 Fall Term.

I take full responsibility for my poor choices and will do all that is asked of me to regain the trust of my family, friends, teammates, coaches and the entire Notre Dame community.

I chose to attend Notre Dame because of its mission to develop me both on and off the football field.

My parents and the community I grew up in have instilled values in me that have and will continue to allow me to be successful in the future. There have been many lessons learned as I worked to become the starting quarterback at Notre Dame and each was a result of Coach Kelly's belief in me as an athlete and a person.

At this point, I understand how my integrity could be in question but I want to reassure my supporters that through this experience I will return a better student athlete as well as a better individual.

Lastly, I want to thank the University of Notre Dame for the opportunity already granted and also the opportunity going forth to regain my eligibility in the winter of 2014.

Thanks,

Everett Golson

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's a great letter.
    Who wrote it for him?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Not unprecedented, either. Early '90s: Rick Brunson, who'd been a Boston area high school hoops star, said he was leaving Temple for BC ... even had a summer job arranged through the BC staff ... then turned tail and enrolled in Temple in the fall.

9. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

There are a lot worse options out there than Tommy Rees. Hendrix, a dual-threat in the mold of Golson, showed some promise at the end of the 2011 season.

The Domers should be more concerned replacing Eifert, in addition to their losses on defense.

Draft saved Draft deleted