1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everest: Beyond the Limit

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Dec 31, 2009.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Is anyone watching this? Discovery has shown all 5 episodes this week. Not sure why they crammed them all together. I don't think this season has been as good as year's past, but in general it's awesome to watch these people tackle Everest. Not sure about paying $60,000 to do so but it certainly seems like people who do summit get their money's worth.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That show is breathtaking in HD.

I've always wanted to trek to Everest's base camp. I know I'd never have the skill (let alone money) to summit, but I still want to see that mountain firsthand.

3. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

You have no idea how pissed off I am with Discovery. I have been awaiting this show since the spring when I heard they were bringing the cameras back up to Everest and I had been checking their damn damn web site for weeks trying to find out when they would premier it. No luck, even the Beyond the Limit web site didn't list the premier. And the show wasn't even listed on the pull-down tab that listed every other freaking show on the station! I finally found it on Wikipedia, which had it as Jan. 6. So I was waiting till then, and now I find that they had all five (only five this season? Really?) in two days, and I missed them.

I mean, really, pay all that money to film the series and then don't even promote it properly? Am I going on a limb to think this might be the most expensive series to produce on Discovery? And this is what they do with it? I know I'll catch the episodes when they are rerun, and I've found that the first two episodes are on next week, but I think this was horseshit way to present one of the best shows on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted