1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever written a short story?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

And has anyone actually ever sold one?

Got one done and ready to send to some magazines listed in the Novel and Short Story Writers' Market. I have no idea if it sucks or not, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. It's kind of fun, though, to write outside of work and then ship it off. Perhaps it'll be as frustrating as sending clips for jobs in our business. Or maybe someone will bite. Who knows?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That was a short story.

Nice work.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did a narrative essay (basically, a first-person short story) when I was in high school. Sadly, even including a fairly long journalism career, that still may be the best thing I've ever written....if only I could find an original copy.....

4. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Pringle: Good luck. I submitted two short stories to an anthology last spring and was shot down. I haven't had time to go at it again with football season in full force. It's tough to write two stories a day and blog and THEN go home and write. I'm hoping to get back into the groove after the bowl game.

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

That's the way I am.

I write down the ideas whenever they come to me, but I just don't have the time or energy to write for an hour or two a day outside of my workload at the paper.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sure the Novel and Short Story Writers' Market sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted