1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever wonder who votes for these teams in the AP Top 25 poll?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well, here's your chance to find out. Release the hounds!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/onlinenews.ap.org/collegefootball_rankings/voters.php?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME

2. This isn't breaking news, is it?

3. I used to vote in the basketball poll. I used to let my bartender pick No's. 15-20.
    I was one year away from having him vote for the Baseball Hall of Fame, too, dammit.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, but it's sports. And people were asking during the preseason poll who these voters were.

5. Well, I mean that this list is pretty darn accessible in other channels, too.

Forgive me, carry on...

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hey, my place doesn't have a vote anymore.

I am truly proud. ;)

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Stewart Mandel knows as much about college football as I do about migration patterns of Canadian fowl.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Which way will voters go on USC, with Auburn's loss today?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My favorite poll story:

I would vote for the AP high school polls for hoops and football. Who knows who 90% of the teams are? You vote for your area teams if they are deserving, you vote for the teams they beat to make them look good, you vote for your school if you are from out of the area, and you vote for your friend's schools.

Well, I was nowhere near Cleveland when I was voting, and I had some friends who went to a HS in suburban Cleveland that was undefeated one year after years of sucking. I continually voted for that school #1. When each week the poll came out, it showed that school as "also receiving votes" and it for a few weeks had a (1) after its name, signifying one first-place vote. That was my vote.

One of my buddies was at one of their games and overhead their coaches talking. They were looking at the newspaper with the poll in it, with their name and my (1) behind it. The head coach said to the other guy, "At least someone out their respects us."

OR AT LEAST SOMEONE HAS FRIENDS THAT WENT TO YOUR HS, BITCH!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted