1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever sold a wedding ring?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trouser_Buddah, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The ex and I are getting together later on Wednesday and are planning on selling our wedding rings on ebay. Does anyone have a better idea in regard to method of selling wedding rings or have any tips on how to get the most money out of an online auction? I figured there may be a couple people here that have gone through the same kind of thing and may have some helpful advice.

We had the rings appraised and they came in at a total of $3,000.

Thanks in advance ...

2. There's a 1930s romantic comedy in here somewhere...

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Couldn't you just walk them back to the ancient mountain of malevolent, liquid fire whence they came? Wouldn't take more than a day or two, I'm guessing.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why not go to some stores that buy jewelery (not pawn shops) and see what they offer you.

If you want to go the online route, make sure there are close-up photos of the rings (if they're in great shape). Set however much above $3K the two of you want to get for them as the reserve price. Say the appraisal will be included with the rings.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm looking to sell mine, too.
    When I bought my wife's engagement ring, it came with a tiny band that she never uses. (she got the engagement ring and something else she liked better that she uses as the wedding band fused together).
    The engagement ring also came with a band for me that was so thick I could barely bend my finger, so I went and found something more comfortable for me. And now we have 2 rings that were never used.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Some man you are, looking to bolt on your wife less than a week after she gives birth to triplets!!! DEADBEAT DAD!!!! :D ;D :D

7. markvid

markvid Guest

With the lack of sleep, you'd know why...

;D

8. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

I can't blame him for leaving on a high note.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

My first ex-wife pawned her wedding ring and got a tattoo the day I asked her for a divorce.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What was the tattoo?

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

You're going to lose 95% of the value of those rings, no matter which route you take. Be prepared.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Y'know, I have no idea. The day I asked her for the divorce was the last time I saw her in person. We did all our divorce stuff through a store-bought divorce kit (if you can believe it), used no lawyers and communicated by phone. Very amicable, actually.

She never had tattoos before that. She's gotten five or six since then.

Draft saved Draft deleted