1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever seen a Baptist dad do this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Sep 4, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Forget it YF. To their math thousands killed by terrorist acts, honor killings, stonings for stealing a loaf of bread or being gay or committing adultery = 2-3 abortion doctors killed.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure nobody here condones Islamic honor killings.

I hope nobody here is OK with killing abortion doctors or thinks that what they did for a living is a mitigating factor when they're killed.

3. J Staley

J Staley Member

I don't recall anybody drawing those kind of parallels.

But there is a clear similarity between a man killing his daughter for violating religious rules, and a man killing a doctor for violating religious rules.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Funny that you have to go back to OT times to see that
    OT law isn't adhered to in Christianity thanks to the NT according to Christ. You know, the head guy of Christianity.
    Sharia law, however, is quite popular among Muslims, and it is very similar to OT laws, the close cousins they and the Jews really are thanks to the lines of Abraham -- Ishmael and Isaac.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Says my sister for one, who had two abortions and the self-inflicted guilt wrecked her life. Says a hell of a lot of woman who went through the guilt.

6. J Staley

J Staley Member

Wait, so your sister says the abortion doctor is a mass murderer, and as an example of this you point to the guilt she felt from having two abortions?

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Her conscience told her she was a murderer and you can't change her mind about it with the pro-choice crap. She had to forgive herself to get off the bottle she used to deal with the pain.

Of course, you pro-lifers would try to educate her that she didn't harm another individual but you see, there's something that typically happens between a mother and the child they carry...but oh well. It's all politics to people with views like yours.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

It's a growing truth in society:we don't want to be accountable to anything, including guilt.

9. J Staley

J Staley Member

First, I don't say this to be flippant about your family, printdust, but ...

I never understood why those that see attacking abortion doctors as religiously justifiable don't also go after the women that had abortions. Aren't they at least complicit in the "murder?" Ultimately, she is the one responsible for requesting the procedure (unless she was forced by the father, or a family member or something, which is different too).

Attempting to bring this back to point ...

Why is offensive when one man kills somebody for violating religious law, and maybe, almost reasonable when another man does the same thing?

I'm not saying you're condoning the killing of abortion doctors, but, based on the title of this thread, you are clearly trying to distinguish two acts that have strong similarities at their root.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

You present two situations pre back to point and post, that seem to suggest we also ought to hang the women for choosing the murder as complicit. I think they're both wrong.

I also think we're wrong for making a profit for adoptions. Too damn expensive and too many hoops. But it's a business in itself. Procedures are fine but it goes beyond that.

I don't see either as being right. The clinic bomber took issues into his own hands and violates the law...man's and God's.

As as for the original post, we see more Islam deaths in the name of Islam per week than we do Christians for doing the same thing, and to go back centuries to defend it is just plain copping out on the here and now.

11. J Staley

J Staley Member

You seem to want to talk more about abortion and issues with Islam and/or Muslim extremists.

But the purpose of this thread seemed to be to differentiate between very similar individual crimes. And I'm still unclear of your answer.

Why is offensive when one man kills somebody for violating religious law, and maybe, almost reasonable when another man does the same thing?

12. printdust

printdust New Member

When did I say one was reasonable?

Draft saved Draft deleted