1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever been to prison?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sure, if the flight attendants carry shivs on your flights.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Oh, you know what it means.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Jesus Christ. Yep, that's exactly what it's like.

Like someone said, make sure you know what you can take in and what you can't. I'm sure, as an attorney, you can take more in than regular visitors, who get to take in a very limited amount. Like one key, no ring, and a bag of change for the vending machines.

Double check what you can wear. Some have restrictions on types of shoes, types of shirts and pants, etc. No rings or jewelry of any type. Etc.

Just make sure you're well-versed in what you can have and what you can't. Other than that, it's not bad. It's not like you will likely walk through where the cells are.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mark could probably give some good advice.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It varies greatly from facility to facility. I've been in a county jail where I was surrounded by guards at all times and the inmates were under strict control. I've also been in a federal facility where they essentially gave us directions to where we needed to go in the prison and left us alone. The inmates walked around freely there. That was kind of a trip.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Drip, you can't throw out that charge -- if you're guilty of it yourself!

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Poster fun fact: YF has repaired espresso machines in prisons.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Only in the really nice Club Feds.

Been trying to get some of the lesser prisons to make the investment. Lots of good job training for when they get out.

I hate when I have to go back to the car for a part.

9. Uncle Frosty

Uncle Frosty Member

Years ago in an urban prison.

The assistant warden, who was about 6'6, 240 and black whistled at me when I walked in his office.

"Our population is 85 percent black and 10 percent Hispanic," he told me. "We don't get many blonds here. You'd be really popular on Saturday night."

Scared the shit out of me.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

MisterCreosote is slipping.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]