1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever been hit by a bus from outer space?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thank you. I used to talk to this girl in college. She was a psychology major, who took an interest in the way my mind worked. She came to my room to talk a couple times, but then her friend and I didn't get along. About 18 months later, she made a prank call to my cell, telling me she hopes I die.

I always thought that was an interesting turn of events for a prospective psychologist.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Maybe she likes to make people upset so as to create a larger base of potential patients.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's an interesting theory, WI. I always thought she was just an angry dwarf.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

She's a pissed off Mitch Albom?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

With far less talent. Far less.

6. writing irish

The theories aren't mutually exclusive. In any case, prank calls are a sure sign that she has some sort of problem. By definition, prank calls only orginate in the Land of Fail.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, to be fair, Mitchie does a great job of writing fictional tripe.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, she lived in North Carolina when she made the call. Is that close?

9. writing irish

Oh, I like NC. My mom used to live in Wilmington and I enjoyed visiting. And there are more hot women in Asheville than there are within a 200-mile radius of my present home in Cowshitistan. But the woman you describe carries the Land of Fail with her wherever she goes. Mental health professionals aren't supposed to deliberately hurt people's feelings any more than physicians are supposed to supposed to sprinkle crushed fiberglass in the bacon bits at a salad bar.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I fully agree with you. That was a weird situation. I was on the phone with my grandma late at night and her call rang into my phone. I had deleted her number because I didn't plan to talk to her after graduation. After hanging up with my grandma a few minutes later, and gave that number a call. When no one answered, I didn't leave a message. Then I checked the voicemail and heard, "Mike __, I hope you die, you fucking piece of shit." And it took me a little while to figure out who it was.

But there was a falling out between me and her best friend because I wasn't attracted to her and therefore didn't want to date her. I also got back with an ex-girlfriend, which pissed her off more and that's pretty much it. I didn't find that stuff out until last October, which left me questioning for about two years why that little person wants me to die.

Fun times.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"C'mon ... c'mon ... c'mon ... let's go space truckin'!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

She was hit by space junk
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted