1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Vandy has a "liquored-up kicker" problem...and the QB pays the price

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 8, 2006.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Warning! Not for the squeemish! (Especially if you own a pair of testicles)
    http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061208/SPORTS0602/612080415/1002

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Now, here's a school rivalry ... from the reader comments below the story:

"That last comment is why UT fans, players and coaches are a joke and look upon the way they are. At least this guy wasn't a part of the team anymore. He waited til he was done with football before doing something stupid, UT players do this kinda stuff from day one."

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fucking kickers...

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

let me be the first one to say it ...
    That's nuts.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I would think you have to beat someone more than once every 25 years to make it a “rivalry.” But yes, that comment was hilarious. Vanderbilt fans can be hilarious.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Geez, that takes balls.

7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I winced after reading "then grabbed the victim by the groin, and began squeezing and pulling very intensely."

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

So Kovalchek's groin hurts? I'd imagine his ass hurts, too, for kicking himself hard enough and repeatedly enough for not signing with UT, v. going to Zona and then transferring to Candyland.

9. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

What the hell is with punter violence these days? Next thing you know we're gonna read about Jeff Feagles busting a cap in someone's ass.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nice career.

Mike Stoops publicly belittles him and runs his ass out of Arizona. Then a drunk teammate almost twists his boys off. ON top of that, he plays for Vandy. That makes him 3-for-3, a perfect storm.

Draft saved Draft deleted