1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He's a money man. I wish people would stop conflating creativity with signing a check.

wicked likes this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"As we work to bring my book to the screen..."

LongTimeListener likes this.
  4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That's embarrassing

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read that. Just pointing out that it wasn't just done for Weinstein.

Vance is slimy.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Weinstein is the guy on Shark Tank who takes 60 percent of your invention. You hesitate and he says "Right now you own 100 percent of nothing because this thing is never going to market without me."

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

What kind of country are we living in when a major studio head can't get major studio head?

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The weird thing about this - it isn't like everyone he did business with didn't know about this, it was hardly a secret in his world. The only way this figures into it is that he won't be someone people will have to pretend they like anymore.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"He wants to reach out" to the women probably means he wants to meet them privately and pay them off.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Rebecca Traister, now a journalism heavyweight but once a cub reporter for the New York Observer, recalls a time when she asked Harvey about why a movie's release was delayed, and he responded by screaming in her face, calling her a See You Next Tuesday, and throwing her boyfriend (also a reporter) down the stairs and putting him in a headlock. People took pics and tons of reporters were there, but the story never came out.

Why the Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassment Allegations Didn’t Come Out Until Now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.