1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, good to know I haven't grown immune to these stories. He's awful.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

4. lakefront

5. poindexter

6. lakefront

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Monica Lewinsky essay was pretty good as well. It makes me feel that there may have been some truth in what Bobby Knight said about "going on to greater things."
    I enjoyed writing about people doing things for a good chunk of my life, but I also eventually realized I needed to be one of those people doing things (whether written about or not). And I do think those going into the profession wanting to make "a difference" might be better served in making the difference than spotlighting others who do.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This was my answer in law firm interviews whenever I was asked (pretty much every time) why I left sports journalism for law school. Obviously, journalists can and do make a difference, though, when fulfilling the watchdog role, in particular.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was waiting and waiting to understand from which place her take was coming from. And then she got there.

How are we meant to feel about art that we both love and oppose? What if we are in the unusual position of having helped create it? Erasing history is a dangerous road when it comes to art—change is essential, but so, too, is remembering the past, in all of its transgression and barbarism, so that we may properly gauge how far we have come, and also how far we still need to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.