1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, yeah ... and?

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

But I'm scared that if I do, Aziz Ansari is going to murder me in his kitchen.

doctorquant likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Has that been noted in a single think piece? Caitlin Flanagan wrote that Grace is just upset the “famous man” wasn’t “interested,” for example.

4. doctorquant

Well, I haven't read 'em all, but, no, I don't think so. Then again, these pieces -- and I mean all of 'em -- tend to extrapolate from some portion of Grace's tale, rather than her tale in its entirety.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We've reached the point where your point is less about Aziz Ansari and the girl and more about power dynamics work in media, and how media can react to the "right" celebrities. Half your posts are setups or counterpunches.

To which I say: There are many topics on which this issue can be discussed. Why set up camp here?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If what's described is what happened, I just wish they both could have acted like adults. Aziz, you're rich and famous in your mid 30s. You don't need to act like a high school kid who got his girlfriend's bra off for the first time.

Grace, there's no reason you can't come out amd tell him what you do or don't want. You didn't know what to say when he asked to fuck you? How about, I don't want to fuck tonight? You want him to give you a naked back rub without sex? Just say so.

7. Dick Whitman

Isn’t this a journalism forum?

8. Dick Whitman

For the record, Katie Way also should have reviewed the New York criminal and civil sex crime laws.

Katie Way especially should have reviewed the New York criminal and civil sex crime laws.

9. doctorquant

(imagine whiney voice) ... But that would have difficult because it's haaaaaard.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Judging by her teary temper tantrum -- "you're all the same!!!1!!!!" -- regular men aren't interested either.

poindexter likes this.
  11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I meant topics in journalism.

I mean, at some point, you're not so much interested in Katie Way and Aziz Ansari, but the chip on shoulder for God knows what regarding places you never worked. And it just works itself out in these circular ways, where the position you take doesn't appear to be so much about the issue at hand but being a counterpoint to journalism snobbery.

At this point, we've arrived at "I wouldn't have run the piece, but if I had been the person who did run the piece, I would have checked criminal laws in New York state for the piece that I wouldn't have run, to prove a point as it related to an alternate dimension where reporters thought the worst of Donald Trump."

You carry these windmills from thread to thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.