1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I see the cernovich stink is on it. But I would think if they are not true it would be extremely easy to sue cernovich.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I've been married or engaged for like 9 of the past 12 years, but in between, I must've gone on a thousand "first dates."

Not once did I misread a situation badly enough that I felt the need to ask. Nor did I ever find myself accused of anything.

It's not rocket science.

Hermes likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Steele dossier was opposition research, created by partisans, and paid for by the DNC, and the Hillary campaign.

The FBI — with all of their resources — has been unable to corroborate the most salacious details of the document.

The Conyers documents were merely passed from Cernovich to BuzzFeed, which did their own investigating, and verification.

So, why does one stink, and the other doesn’t?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Cernovich criticism is a bit odd. If the documents are true, they're true. Hillary ran this misdirection a lot - "Wikileaks got those emails! From Russians!"

Great. But are they true?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

All I think he’s saying is that if you’re on an actual date, going in for a kiss isn’t really so terrible. It’s conceivabke that you did think your date would be receptive, after all, she agreed to go on a date.

Attempting to stick your tongue down a young, subordinate, co-worker’s throat after a night out drinking, and then claiming you thought there were shared feelings, is not a great excuse.

Ask the woman out for a date if you think there are shared feelings.

MisterCreosote likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One poster suggested a stink based on an untrustworthy source, but quickly added that if it is false, it will be easy to prove it.

At least you waited for one reaction before this bit of bullshit, which is an improvement on your initial post. Just after 7 a.m. you were attacking Democrats for not condemning Conyers quickly enough based on a story that broke around midnight.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The only opinion I see on the Steele dossier is hopeful optimism that it contains the Pee Pee Tape. Nothing more.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is anybody saying Trump should be prosecuted or impeached based solely on the Steele dossier? Or is it one piece of a much larger puzzle.

That is one of the many places that YF's argument falls apart. He wants immediate action against Conyer based on one report passed through a source that one poster here questioned, yet any report that calls a Republican into question must be verified thoroughly, but dismissed if that process takes more than five minutes.

(Okay, that last part was hyperbole on my part. He is willing to wait a week or so, but YF's stunning level of hypocrisy warrants a little hyperbole in response once in a while.)

10. YankeeFan

Ronan Farrow is back with more.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yes, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. One, or more than one, of those women could right now be thinking, “That fucking Creosote, going at me like that ...”

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That you know of. Robert Mueller might have a DVD copy of the pee pee tape sitting in a safe right now.

And haven't other parts - the non-urinary tract ones - been confirmed over the past few months?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.