1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Twitter Victory Tour can be a bad look.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why do you support campus rape?

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Who could have possibly disagreed in the 1950s that the anti-communism cause was not a righteous one, right?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

One industry that has been relatively quiet in the aftermath of Weinstein has been the music industry. I'm a little surprised we haven't yet seen a spate of accusations against musicians and/or record producers, particularly by women who may have been minors.

Part of my surprise stems from knowing two women who made claims of harassment and assault against bands to friends when they were 15 (one might have been 16, I'm not sure). One said a band that had a couple of No. 1 hits came out to meet the fans after a show. The singer said hi to her, asked "do you fuck?" and moved on to other teenage girls when she said no. The other said she and her two friends were invited backstage at a show and when they walked in the lead singer was already naked and hard. She said he walked up to her, took her hand, placed it on his dick, told her that her mouth was going to be there next and her friends could join. Her friend screamed, security knocked and the girls got out.

I have no idea if the claims were true, but I thought of them the other day and wondered how many other girls might have similar stories. It's easy to see how - much like in film - teenagers are particularly susceptible in the music industry, whether as performers or just fans.

5. Dick Whitman

If that's out there, it's actually a little surprising that the floodgates didn't open at the time of the Ke$ha litigation.

I was trying to think who I would be particularly disappointed to see hit with these kind of allegations. Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder came to mind.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's one of those "open secrets" that the '80s hair metal scene was like Sodom and Gomorrah. As I'm sure most eras of music were.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

I'd welcome this breaking wide open:

lakefront likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

10. LongTimeListener

tl;dr Groupies Recall Backstage Scene

I mean ... I don’t think anyone needs to come out with any allegations here. There’s nobody who thinks this wasn’t happening.

11. YankeeFan

C'mon man, I did a better job keeping up from Paris than you did from Missouri.

12. LongTimeListener

Ugh. Fail by me.

Sheesh, someone needs to start a subscription service that boils down big threads in 10-page increments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.