1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even the Rapture Righties are jumping ship now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 19, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is Ryan Sonner the new Tahoe of SportsJournalists.com?

Clueless in Canada.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Reverend Swaggart's flight has been delayed. Reverend Robertson is flying a fleet of mining equipment to the Congo to mine blood diamonds.

3. JackS

JackS Member

It has nothing to do with sins of the flesh. It has to do with, ya know, evangelizing.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think this thread's premise is unfair to evangelicals. It's certainly possible for a voter to be adamantly anti-abortion and anti-gay rights, yet still think the Iraq war is a monumental cock-up and cast their vote on the latter issue this November. The two ideas are not diametrically opposed. They have no relationship to each other. I'd be willing to bet, given our society's demographics, that a higher percentage of evangelicals have lost a loved one, friend, or neighbor in Iraq than among the populace at large.
    Yes, most voters are tribal at heart. But it wouldn't take many evangelicals to fall into the category I described in my first paragraph to create a disaster for the GOP. Five percent of 'em would do.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Easy for someone not in the Dirrty South to say.

Trust me, abortion and gay rights are the whole ballgame to these knuckledraggers.

Losing a loved one in Iraq is actually a badge of honor for some of these twisted sisters.

Never mind it was all for a lie.

6. Boy, aren't we tolerant?

This is the latest clubhouse leader in most asinine post of the year. It'll take some doing to top it.

7. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

so are you saying that gay rights and abortion are not important to the far right in the south? because living here as i have the last 8 years has shown me otherwise.

tolerance is preached, but only if you are christian, straight and anti-choice for abortions.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Better known as: "We'll tell YOU what to do, bluestater . . . "

Whatever happened to minding your own f'n business?

9. Yes, Dems are noted for being so tolerant of opinions other than their own. Just look around this board.

The sarcasm font definitely is on.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It goes both ways. When I see these threads, you dish as much as you take, same as the people you mix it up with.

11. Darn right. If I'm attacked, I'm going to defend myself. I don't look for a fight, but some of the crap around here can't go without rebuttal.

12. So the statement of an opinion with which you disagree is an "attack"?
    Explains a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted