1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even the Pentagon says so...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boomer7, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Naturally, you just call attention to people at night. You dont' ever answer questions. It's like - "discourse is between 8 a.m. and midnight. Come back tomorrow with that shit."

Back to your alpo.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, you don't want to tell me why you're so afraid of gay people?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So anyone who opposes gay marriage is afraid, that they can't have an opinion to oppose? Classic liberal counter-typical bullshit.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, I'll play. Why do you hate gay people, Yawn? If you're not afraid of them, you obviously hate them. Why?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm not overly fond of the concept of gay marriage, either . . . but the train of thought typically applied by those who are militantly against it runs counter to the basic principles of American freedom.

And I'm not riding that train. I don't like the company on that train, at all. Not a little bit.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You can't have it both ways. You're either for it or against it. I don't know what kind of tap dance you're doing, but I'll wait for an explanation.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yawn,
    What exactly is the problem with gay marriage? How does it affect you? If you're married and you feel it threatens your marriage somehow, your marriage is in trouble under any circumstances.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I have said it before and I'll say it again: I'm stunned and disappointed that in 2008, there's a debate about gay marriage. There are far greater issues facing our country than gay marriage.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Still waiting for Ben's dance.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Others are waiting for your answer as to why you hate gay people.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I've said it before - call it civil union, give them the right to bestow benefits on a person of their choice- you could use the IRS definition of "dependent" for all benefit eligible people. But it is not "marriage" and once applied, federal laws would force religious leaders, ie clergy, etc., to perform those or lose tax exempt status. Believe me, they won't just stop at making it legal. It's all evidenced by the fact that they believe there should be some special status penalty for hate crimes. A dead relative is a dead relative, whether shot in a burglary or drive by or because of who they are. Equal penalty in any case. There's no need for a hate crime provision if the law is administered property and justly.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

To think that someone can be against gay marriage and therefore hate gays is the epitomy of stupidity and the exposure of something just as narrow as anything they accuse others of.

Draft saved Draft deleted