1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even the Pentagon says so...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boomer7, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I still haven't heard an explanation of why it was necessary to lie to the nation about an Iraq-al Qaeda connection to get us into the war that this crowd was going to gin up anyway.
    And it wasn't all the same intel. Clinton didn't have Doug (The Stupidest Fucking Man On Earth) Feith and the OSP inventing it for him.

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Yawn,

1) Have you and Zeke met?
    2) Is “butt-buddies” supposed to be hyphenated?
    3) What were you like in junior high?

Thanks,
    Grimace

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yawn is going for Boots' record.

[​IMG]

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

First off, the "Clinton had the same intelligence" claim is patently false — please to Google "Office of Special Plans." And if a president did take a country to war in 2003 based on 1998 intelligence, he should be impeached on the spot.

Clinton failed to get Osama bin Laden, so it's his fault that Bush used 9/11 as a false pretense to invade Iraq. There has got to be a word that describes the breed of stupid it takes to come to that conclusion, but it escapes me right now.

Once again ...

The GOP's miserable record gives it no right to criticize anyone — the Democrats, the Canadians, the French, your grandmother, your dog — about their ability to combat terrorism.

You would think that turning Iraq into a hornet's nest for terrorists, Osama bin Laden escaping at Tora Bora and remaining free, the billions of dollars missing from Iraq reconstruction, the hundreds of thousands of weapons for the security forces that are now missing and in the hands of God knows who, the Taliban resuming its grip on Afghanistan and terrorist attacks worldwide reaching an all-time high would give Republicans humility, or at least pause.

You'd be wrong.

And that's why a bunch of them have gotten their asses kicked out of office.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The 2006 congressionals were such fun.

These congressionals won't be quite as much fun, but they will prod the national legislative bodies further in the same direction.

Book it.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

In the Senate, it could be a lot of fun. A lot.

7. I agree.
    Much good fun.
    High five!

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, 'cept some of you guys want that 60.

Not sure I do, because I remember Lyndon, and I don't smile.

We'll see.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I'll take any number that makes my Joe Lieberman Irrelevancy Countdown Clock happy.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That, you'll get.

11. Hell with that.
    I want a Democratic president and a 70 count.
    And subpoena power. Lots of that.

12. rube

rube Active Member

lol I think we all have a pretty good idea about No. 3. It most likely involved a mullet, and a lot of anger.

Draft saved Draft deleted