1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even the Pentagon says so...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boomer7, Mar 11, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Let's all play Yawn Logic!

Adolf Hitler was rejected for admission to art school in Vienna. Had he been accepted, he would not have ruled Germany.

Instead, Hitler went to prison, wrote Mein Kampf and started the Nazi movement.

The Nazi movement launched a world war and attempted to exterminate an entire race of people.

Therefore, the head of the art school in Vienna is responsible for the death of 6 million Jews.

Yawn makes sense!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think we can say definitively that Yawn is not a Jesuit. The lack of logic is astounding.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's almost a leadership role their, joiner.

How much sucking up do you do in your workplace? Have you ever earned respect the hard way?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey doc, did you even read the fucking link? So much for your open-minded Democrap way.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Words, when formed properly into subjects, verbs and objects, form sentences.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Couric: "Do you wish you had responded more aggressively to the attack on the USS Cole in which 17 sailors were killed? Some people feel that the inaction by your administration and the Bush administration somehow emboldened al-Qaida."

Clinton: "Well, first of all, we did respond aggressively after the African Embassy bombing. And I authorized every single operation the CIA or the military asked me to do, and signed several documents which gave them the power to kill or capture him and senior aides. And after the Cole, was prepared to do much more. The problem I had was very different. The CIA and the FBI did not agree and actually issue a finding that bin Laden was responsible until after I left office. So, I felt that my hands were tied because I couldn't get a clear, unambiguous agreement from the FBI and the CIA, 'Yes, he did it.' If they had done it, I would've taken some of the military actions immediately, even if it had come after the election and if I were a lame duck, I would've done it. And because I thought it was really important. I always thought he was the biggest problem we had."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5277303/

So if the CIA and FBI were fucking things up even then - and he wanted to go in and get him but felt like his hands were tied - this whole fuckup began with Bush and not with shitty intelligence that goes beyond presidential administrations. And you numbnuts can't even admit that.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Apparently, the answer to that is no. You have never been anything on your own two feet Zeke. That's sad.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'm going to leave you ...perhaps someone will need their ass wiped and by golly, you'll be there to do it.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Whereas, you've made an entire community of people hate you and question your sanity all by your lonesome.

Way to wear the big kids pants!

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

There's that word "hate" again. As another poster suggested when this came up this week, it's kind of pathetic to "hate" someone you've never met and through an online bulletin board. But again, keep talking pud. You share more about your social maturity with every word.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I have to say that there is some merit to the argument that had Clinton managed to catch OBL, 9/11 might not have happened. Might not have. I think we can say it would have been less likely, but with OBL out of the picture, it's quite possible another Al-Qaeda leader would have stepped in and carried out the mission. I also think it's fair to think that, had 9/11 not happened, the war in Iraq is also less likely to have occurred. I don't think the arguments on either side are definitive.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You're right novelist. It's not conclusive because it never happened and therefore cannot be proven. But the OBL argument was used to justify going into Iraq. Without him, some in here apparently think that Bush would have been able to do it anyway because he's an evil right-wing extremist.

Draft saved Draft deleted