1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Katherine Heigl thought Grey's Anatomy sucked this season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Financially, yeah.
    But he once was a very fine actor instead of a self-parody.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Again, I don't have a problem with what she said so much as HOW she said it.

Leave that behind the scenes bullshit behind the scenes. Dragging it out in public only makes you seem like a douche.

As for Caruso, I still say NYPD Blue Season 1 was good stuff, but I'm more of a Smits kind of guy. (Even though I HATED Diane)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Caruso is making $500K an episode, plus he gets a shitload more when it goes into syndication, which it might be in already, but I'm not sure.

He's doing pretty well.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So Caruso remains a joke, just a much more financially secure one.

5. Mizzougrad96

Well, Season 1 of NYPD Blue proves he can act. The last five seasons of CSI: Miami have proven that he can overact.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Right. He used to be a punchline for quitting Blue. Now he's a punchline on display once a week. :)

7. Mizzougrad96

In reality, he didn't lose out on much financially by quitting NYPD Blue.

He was making $50K a show, or $1.3 million a season for nine months of work.

He signed a three-film, $6 million deal when he left Blue which wound up being Kiss of Death (which I liked), Jade (which I did not) and one other film that I can't remember.

Who knew NYPD Blue was going to last 10+ years?

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Dennis Franz did. That's why he stuck to a regiment of twinkies and ho-hos to keep in shape for the role. :)

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

He overplayed his hand by quitting Blue as quickly as he did.
    Look at how Clooney parlayed ER into a movie career. No rush. Build your popularity and Q rating, then cash in when you've been fair to the people who brought you to the public and done as much as you can to make people at home want to watch you act.
    I'm sure the money he makes can make up for a lot, but he could have had the wealth and respect. His ego cost him. It seems to have taught a lot of actors a lesson, but a lesson that Heigl seems not to have caught.

10. Mizzougrad96

Caruso shouldn't be the poster boy for stupidly leaving a hit show.

Eriq LaSalle, Julianna Margulies, Anthony Edwards or anyone else who left ER willingly. I'll keep Noah Wylie off the list because he milked them for more than a decade.

The girl who left Monk after two seasons should be on the list as well.

If LaSalle has worked since I didn't see it. I saw Margulies on some awful show on cable and in Snakes on a Plane. Edwards was great in Zodiac, but that's the only place I've seen him since he left ER.

At least Caruso worked consistently after he left.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

(That's Shelley Long)

12. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, she belongs at the top of the list. The only thing in her defense is a lot of people actually thought at the time she would have a good movie career.

Obviously, they were dead wrong

Draft saved Draft deleted