1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Katherine Heigl thought Grey's Anatomy sucked this season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://omg.yahoo.com/katherine-heigl-pulls-name-from-emmy-race-blames-greys-material/news/9764?nc

""I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention," she told the Los Angeles Times' Gold Derby."

Awesome. I guess even she saw her character descending into foolishness and parody.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Man. She's f'n smokin' hot and has brains.

I am in love!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Also, I will now turn down any movie role that does not require full-frontal nudity."

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Milk? Cookies?

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I don't watch, so I don't know whether her comments have merit, but man, how pissed are the writers at her right now? I predict she pulls a Roz from L.A. Law and falls to her death down an elevator shaft in next season's premiere.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, I think she wants off the show.

All of a sudden she thinks she's a big hot-shot actress because she was in Knocked Up. She's been kind of snarky lately and, to me anyways, comes off as a bit of a bitch.

Of course, I admire her candor and only wish more actresses were like her.

But hey, my question is: If she thought the material was shit, why didn't she speak up while the show was being filmed?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, you actually draw oxygen like a real human being?

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

What did I say?

She just seems to be a bit snobby and I'm not entirely sure I respect someone who talks junk about their co-workers in the press after the fact. She could have said these things to J.A. on the set of Knocked Up (She said the movie portrayed women in a poor light) and could have said that she didn't feel the writing was strong enough on the set of Grey's.

I do respect that she is opinionated. I just think that, in my opinion, she's coming out as a snob in the media because of this.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So she didn't suck, her writers did.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She has more star power than anyone on the show and they completely ruined her character.

I don't blame her for a second.

Good for her.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

She's like a good looking David Caruso.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I still can't believe that Caruso pulled his career jetliner out of the self-induced nosedive.

Draft saved Draft deleted