1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

European rental cars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I think that's pretty rare. I drove through Connemara and other parts of Country Galway (one of the biggest Irish-speaking areas), and had no problems with road signs. I don't remember any that were strictly in Irish. The roundabouts weren't even that problematic, but the narrowness of the roads sure as hell was.

By the way, the Irish-language radio station has some fantastic music, and it's a fascinating language to listen to, even if you have no idea what they're saying (like me). Keep that in mind when trying to choose between the three stations available on your dial.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Agreed, but being a manual-transmission newbie in an unfamiliar country with unfamiliar roads, etc., seems ill-advised.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Roundabouts are the best traffic invention ever. How else can you blow through a four-way (or more) intersection from any direction without stopping? They're talking about building them in Texas, in fact.

Draft saved Draft deleted