1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ethics Question No. 1

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Sep 16, 2007.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

The answer is no.
    And we've had this discussion on here numerous times.

2. fishwrapper

Who is calling bullshit on this thread first?

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well, fish, if you start it, the mods are either going to lock this threads or post something to say "who are we to question it?"

4. fishwrapper

I don't know what to say. In two questions he changed his entire post.

He went from "In my capacity as a voter" to "I guess I was there as a professional then."

Kind of a big difference, no?

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

fair question to ask, fish.

6. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

I thought I wasn't going to be considered going as a journalist, because I wasn't going to write a daily story off the event, just make contacts for the future stories. I eventually wrote an advance, coverage and follow-up story on the election.

The event was free and open the public, so anyone could have gone, member of the public or media.

7. I barely remember ever posting on this thread.

Why do you keep it going?

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The question betrays a lack of understanding about how these campaigns work.

You'll never get within 100 feet yards kilometers miles parsecs of an interview with that particular candidate.

Try Dennis Kucinich.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

He is trying to explain himself because some posters were calling it bullshit...

Also, he is probably trying to update us about what he did in the end.

What's wrong with someone giving SJ posters an update?

Write-brained, sorry but I don't think he has it set out to purposely keep this thread going....

11. The month between each post is a bit discombobulating, that is all.

And Mr. X, a journalist can't go to a political function as anything but a journalist. You are what you are.

12. I gather the only thing likely to come of requesting an interview with Clinto via your elected contact is that that contact will heretofore regard you as a huckleberry.

Draft saved Draft deleted